Net Meeting 38
||11 October 2009, 1300 CET
||Peter Gorm Larsen, John Fitzgerald, Shin Sahara, Nick Battle, Carlos Vilhena, Sako Hiroshi, Augusto Ribeiro, Kenneth Lausdahl, David Holst Møller and Christian Thillemann.
Review of Action List
The actions are all at Overture on SourceForge.
- 36/3 managing defect reports against the update site - we are
currently not maintaining the update site only prebuilds of the
editor. So no changes there
- 36/4 Miguel - proof demo? We all saw the request for help I hope. -
Kenneth will help creating a a plug-in with a menu on the project
and an output console
- 37/1: Peter - Who is the newly-crowned Wiki Tzar? Hoping that this
will be Hans Kristian
- 37/2 Shin & Augusto to address Shin’s Overture bugs - the code in
the new Overture will be all new, so there is no reason to look at
those bugs (closed)
- 37/3: LB to improve internal operations. (closed)
Then finally 37/4 display stand arrangements, John is paying the fee,
Shin sent out the usual VDMTools report (see overture-core list).
Status for each of the Overture components at sourceforge
traces and UML mapper (KennethLausdahl)
Tools (Maven build automation)\
Eclipse (Christian and David)
The Overture IDE has been rewritten and is now committed, it has basic
support for all three dialects, outline of SL and debug for vdm++.
Test Automation Support (Carlos)
Carlos have not got any further with the testing stuff
Overture Language Board suggestions and VDM10
Returning the first four items to the LB for deliberation. There is one
new item which is being discussed at the moment (pre/post ops). VDM10
issue 1 or multiple dialects support, the LB come back with a clearer
point at VDM-10
The Overture article
Peter will talk to Marcel about the missing subsections, and John will
write an intro section.
The Overture wiki
Peter started updating the text on the wiki, and will continue this.
Program of the
- Overture Introductory paper aimed at ACM SE Notes (Peter, Nick,
Miguel, John, Kenneth, Marcel)
- Paper path case study (Marcel & Jozef) end September 2009 for
Journal of Systems and Software
- Japanese Translation of VDM++ Book (Sako) – end September 2009
- POs for Recursive Functions (Augusto, Peter)
- CT (Kenneth, Peter, Nick)
- New proof paper (Sander, Peter, Jozef) submitted to SAC
- Industrial applications of FMs (Juan, John, Peter, Jim), accepted
for I-Day at FM09.
- UML mapper (Kenneth, HK, Peter) accepted by FM’09.
- Jozef and Marcel: Formal Semantics of a VDM Extension for
Distributed Embedded Systems; to appear in Festschrift for W P de
- ACM Computing Surveys paper on industrial applications of FMs (Jim,
Peter, Juan, John) September 2009 issue.
- VICE Process paper (John, Peter, Sune Wolff) accepted by special
issue of International Journal of Software and Informatics.
- Felica (Mr Kurita) accepted by special issue of International
Journal of Software and Informatics.
Any Other Business
October 11th 2009, 1300 CET
Note: next NM should address the problem of 13:00 CET = 20:00 JST.